Breckwell P23I reviews

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlo83

Jan 13, 2009
Middlesex MA
I'm a new owner home owner and I grew up with a wood stove as my only heat source so I had to put in a pellet stove right away. Good thing I did because my boiler just went! I put in the Breckwell P23I does anyone have any reviews on the stove? Knock on wood it seems to be pretty good. I am still learning the best way to use the stove. I had the damper closed on it for about a month until I finally realized what the problem was!

Does anyone have problems with the pipe disconnecting from the stove? Mine did once when it was first installed and every once and awhile I can hear it fibrate. Does the pipe need to be removed every so often and cleaned? I noticed ash had built up in it the time it came apart.

Any tips on cleaning the stove? I clean the ash out of the stove and burnpot probably once a week or once every two weeks depending if it starts not to burn properly. Is there anything else I should be doing?

I've owned my P23I for about a year now and love it... Currently I've been cleaning it every Saturday morning, which is after about 10 bags of pellets. I vacuum the entire inside, wash the glass and take a brush to the inside walls and top pipes... Takes about 15 minutes. Then after every 2 tons of pellets I open the tee in back and axcess panels inside the box and give it a good vacuum. Otherwise all I do is just load the pellets in. The air damper that controls the airflow, I've messed with a million times. I now have a mark that I made and just keep at that setting every day. I'll tell you, I'm so happy with this stove, no matter what pellets I buy seem to work great.

All the Breckwells are good stoves and money well spent. There are more expensive and cheaper stoves on the market.

If you compare stoves to the car market. I feel that Cadillac and Chevys are both good cars and they will both get you to work. If you can afford the Cadillac then good but if you can afford the Chevy it will do the same thing.

Eric

This is my second season with my Breckwell P23. I tell everyone how much I love my stove! I never had any problems with the stove pipe disconnecting from the stove. I dont think this should be happening to you either. I'd talk to who ever did your install.

May want to read the manual. It does explain what maintenace and frequency the stove should be cleaned. I clean my stove pipe every ton. Once a week I clean the chambers, burnpot, tubes and empty the ash pan when full. Stove has been very reliable. You made a good choice!

I learned alot from reading on this web site too. Wonderful place to come and learn first hand the to do's and the not to do's. Good luck with your stove. I;m sure once you get the hang of it, you too will love your stove......and your friends will get tired of hearing how wonderful it's.

Marster

Thank you all so much I can't tell you how happy I am that the stove has great reviews. I am just about done burning my second ton so I will have to do a good cleaning. Is there a type of brush I should be using or does it not really matter? I sometimes just use the tool to scrap the sides.

I have a stove shop coming by next Tuesday to determine if the p2000i will fit my prefab fireplace. Also considering the p23i which is smaller and will hopefully fit as well. I know the units will fit the question is whether they can connect the exhaust pipe in the limited space available. If both fit I'm not sure which I will choose but I'm leaning toward the 2000. Glad to hear many people are satisfied.

jlo83 said:
Thank you all so much I can't tell you how happy I am that the stove has great reviews. I am just about done burning my second ton so I will have to do a good cleaning. Is there a type of brush I should be using or does it not really matter? I sometimes just use the tool to scrap the sides.

Do a search on this site, you'll find different ways folks clean their pipes. I use a 3 inch round brush with rods.

I use a paint brush to brush the tubes and firebox area. I modified a dryer vent brush to use in the hidden area behind the four doors. Works great along with a shop vac. Be sure to lightly brush off the convention blower fins and pull the exhaust fan out and do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.