Breckwell P24 auger issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad bought this stove new back in '93 or so. Auger motor seemed to be acting up - not turning auger, so he pulled it all apart, cleaned out auger shaft, etc. Put it back together and auger still not turning, although auger motor acts like it's binding up - very tight against the stop it's supposed to stop against.

I asked him if there was a bushing in the top end of auger shaft that auger seats into - I've seen that on other stoves - and if it gets wallowed out, it can bind the auger up. He says he can't see up in there so is not sure. Anybody know? I'm not convinced it's his motor yet.

I do not know what the auger shaft sits into once it is inserted into the stove. I do know that once it is inserted it can be turned by hand, provided all the pellets are removed from the bin.

Does the auger motor work if removed from the stove? Maybe make a "test" power cord out of an old lamp cord to test it.....many of us have these to test motors & blowers.

Is there a vacuum switch and/or tubing that might be plugged w/ ash? If so, that usually controls the auger (no vacuum to switch= no power to auger motor).

Status
Not open for further replies.