Breckwell P24I Troubleshooting Help?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phatdawg

Dec 13, 2014
Eureka, CA
I purchased this stove in 2008 new. It is ran with a remote T-stat. For the most part it has ran fine. Late last winter during use, a problem arose. I cleaned this fall and the problem is still there. When I turn the stove on, it runs for about 30 seconds and then kicks off on #2 error. After it kicks off, I reach down and push the on/off button and if starts and ususlly runs fine until the cycle starts again.

Should I pull it back out of the wall and check the air vent tube for blockge? Or is it possible that the control panel is bad? Thanks for the help.

Mike in Eureka CA

Better to clean in the spring so the built-up ash in the exhaust internal pathways doesn't become hardened. How do you perform your cleaning?

Sounds like you have the manual but here's the troubleshooting section anyway... Remember to unplug when working on it.
http://breckwell.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/manualspgmanuals/SP24 troubleshooting.pdf

It may not be the air inlet... more likely the air switch hose is cracked or the stove barb is clogged. #10 on the list goes through how to test the switch. Check wire connections to the air switch. Make sure your combustion blower is working ... Work your way through that list ... Worse case - you have a board problem:(

Better to clean in the spring so the built-up ash in the exhaust internal pathways doesn't become hardened. How do you perform your cleaning?

Sounds like you have the manual but here's the troubleshooting section anyway... Remember to unplug when working on it.
http://breckwell.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/manualspgmanuals/SP24 troubleshooting.pdf

It may not be the air inlet... more likely the air switch hose is cracked or the stove barb is clogged. #10 on the list goes through how to test the switch. Check wire connections to the air switch. Make sure your combustion blower is working ... Work your way through that list ... Worse case - you have a board problem:(

Thanks for the reply. I will go through the check list.

Thanks for the reply. I will go through the check list.

Have you tried the Leaf Blower Trick just to make sure you got all the ash out of the pathways - search the forum for description of how to perform but you will need to get up on the roof to your chimney.

Have you tried the Leaf Blower Trick just to make sure you got all the ash out of the pathways - search the forum for description of how to perform but you will need to get up on the roof to your chimney.

Every year i Send the chimney brush down the pipe. I guess blowing it out would be some additional insurance and could clear out more areas. Yeah would be interested in reading this. I guess a shop vac would also do the trick?

Leaf blower with vacuum capabilities is probably better - not sure if the shop vac has as much suction power. Leaf blowers are cheaper than shop vacs so you can dedicate it to just that purpose. Leaf blower not only clears out chimney but internal smoke pathways in the stove. When you are opening up the four ash doors are your using a brush and/or thin hose attached to shop vac (with drywall bag) to get all the fly-ash off the walls of the interior smoke chambers?

Where's your air inlet? Likely wouldn't hurt to rule that out as a problem while you're in rooting around. Make sure end screens on both inlet and exhaust are clear...

Keep us posted on how you make out... Ask questions if you need help troubleshooting!

Status
Not open for further replies.