breckwell p28fs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtalea

Feeling the Heat
Dec 14, 2005
Bristol, Connecticut
Hello Pelletiers, Anyone have the feed rates in seconds for the p28 stoves? I can not find it anywhere,and I can not find anyone who has a service manual for sale No help from Breckwell at all.

mtalea said:
Hello Pelletiers, Anyone have the feed rates in seconds for the p28 stoves? I can not find it anywhere,and I can not find anyone who has a service manual for sale No help from Breckwell at all.

The only manual I've found is the user manual and there is no timing information in it.

Maybe Dave hearth.com member Wood Heat Stoves has one send him a PM.

thanks will do that

mtalea said:
thanks will do that

If he doesn't have one perhaps Eric hearth.com member kinsman stoves who is a Breckwell dealer might have one or might be able to get that information.

Or Rod, hearthtools

He has been working on the breckwells for many years. He hasn't been around much, You may need to send him a PM.

Ya I have spoken to rod a long time ago.didnt know if he was still around here

mtalea

I can't PM anymore today. I went over my quota. I guess there is a limit on how many folks you can assist?

PM me your email addy!

I will aslo need the motor numbers if you have them. They will need to be replaced as the controllers will not control the speeds. More with email!

In the manual it references a thermostat, But doesn't show how to connect. Also doesn't state what mode the stove would be when stat is made(open contact.) I am assuming that the stat wires need to be connected or jumped to make this go to high feed(your dial setting).

Maybe this is the issue???? A couple of board pictures could help find the thermostat connectiions.

j-takeman said:
In the manual it references a thermostat, But doesn't show how to connect. Also doesn't state what mode the stove would be when stat is made(open contact.) I am assuming that the stat wires need to be connected or jumped to make this go to high feed(your dial setting).

Maybe this is the issue???? A couple of board pictures could help find the thermostat connectiions.

Didn't we just get someone who purchased one of these at estate sale up and running?

Found the thread it was a 23 but maybe the guts are basically the same.

Here is the link: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/64445/

SmokeyTheBear said:
j-takeman said:

Didn't we just get someone who purchased one of these at estate sale up and running?

Yes, But that was the digital board. This is analog and there isn't much info out there on them. Me take BIG guess. I was hoping hearthtools would chime in. He had some neat notes for these older Breckwells. I should have started a file on them.

I will try to assist in a digital conversion if doesn't work for him. That's a whole other can of worms! :ahhh:

taking pics of the inside and outside of control board as we speak

Status
Not open for further replies.