Breckwell P4000 thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrema

Hi
I am new to the forum. I know that similar questions have been asked but I was hoping someone has specific thermostat experience for the stove that I have. I recently installed a Breckwell P4000. I would like to connect a thermostat for the stove. I purchased the Honeywell 2300A programmable thermostat because the description said it was compatible with millivolt systems. I went to Breckwell.com and started an online chat with a support person to ask if this type of thermostat would work. They said that it would not and only a manual thermostat with the control lever on top will work. They were pretty clear that any DIGITAL thermostat will NOT work. I guess I could just try it but I did not want to do any damage to the control panel or stove itself. I have read many other posts from folks with different stoves saying that they use programmable thermostats. I can just get the cheap manual thermostat but I wanted to be sure that this was my only option.

Can someone help with this please?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.