Breckwell Pellet stove cleaning info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Only reason I am posting this is because I had two calls in a row and I hate to say it happened on my Breckwell P-24 at the house.

The first call was a Classic Cast stove going out and flashing a #2. The second call was on a Big E with the stove not lighting and going into a #2 flashing. And at my house I semi-cleaned my stove and it would not relight but flashed a #2.

A #2 flashing on the control panel is an air pressure problem. The main reason it goes off is if the door is open to long or the ash-pan was not re inserted correctly. The second reason is the venting is clogged. The third reason and all three of these instances was the small hole on the upper rear of the firewall was clogged. This is the negative pressure switch inlet. If this is clogged with ash the pressure switch will trip keeping the stove from running. PLEASE DO NOT CLEAN THIS HOLE WITH YOUR SHOP VAC OR YOU WILL DAMAGE THE SWITCH. To clean this unplug the hose from the switch (inside the rear of the stove) and blow into the red or blue colored hose. Make sure the door is closed cause it will blow ash out of the stove and onto your white carpet (do not ever have white carpet). You can also clean the hole with a straitened paper clip or similar item but do not damage the stove.

Remember to clean your hole. Take that how you want but keep it clean.......

Eric

yep, like Eric's been saying for a long time.....keep your hole clean, and it won't go all to crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.