Breckwell Replacement Blower motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a big E in January and had problems with the original convection blower with the 033 part #started squeeling after I put about 10 bags through it. Had a new one sent out under warranty with the part #P/N C-E-029. I have burned 3 tons since installing it and havent had a problem.

I was wondering how the new motors were. I just switched mine over to the new blower. I noticed the squirrel cage is smaller. Motor seems to be alittle louder than the old one.

Thanks for the reply.

Marster said:
I was wondering how the new motors were. I just switched mine over to the new blower. I noticed the squirrel cage is smaller. Motor seems to be alittle louder than the old one.

Thanks for the reply.

I put the new blower motor in my Big E at the start of the season. 5 tons of pellets later and running great.

johnnywarm said:
Marster said:

Thanks for the reply.

I put the new blower motor in my Big E at the start of the season. 5 tons of pellets later and running great.

Great news!

I wonder why they went with a smaller squirrel cage? Would that effect the amount of air that is circulated?

Great news!

I wonder why they went with a smaller squirrel cage? Would that effect the amount of air that is circulated?[/quote]

I will look at the old blower to see if its smaller. i do know it has different bearings and the cooling fan is at the other end.

johnnywarm said:
Great news!

I wonder why they went with a smaller squirrel cage? Would that effect the amount of air that is circulated?

I will look at the old blower to see if its smaller. i do know it has different bearings and the cooling fan is at the other end.[/quote]

The old blower has the larger squirrel cage. The new replacement blower has the smaller squirrel cage. It seems alittle louder than the older one too. Hopefully this one proves to be a good one!

[quote author="Marster" date="1206263942

The old blower has the larger squirrel cage. The new replacement blower has the smaller squirrel cage. It seems alittle louder than the older one too. Hopefully this one proves to be a good one![/quote]

So far so good. i have the old blower next door. i will look at it today or tomorrow.

I ordered this new motor directly from Breckwell (in Texas). I received a damaged unit, and when I called to get a replacement unit, they told me that I would have to pay to ship it back to them. I have my Breckwell for a few years and this is the first part I replaced, but I feel that is a very poor business practice on their end. I wish I didn't buy a Breckwell, and I would not recommend one just because if that is how they run their business, they shouldn't be patronized.

Status
Not open for further replies.