Breckwell Replacement Parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony K

Jan 11, 2009
Northeast Ct
I have a Breckwell Big E Furnace in which I have been very happy with it's performance. However, getting replacement parts seems to be quite the project. Last year I needed to replace the ash pan gasket, I went to the dealer where I purchased the stove to buy the gasket and they did not have the gasket in stock. So I was told to call next week, I called the following week and was told to call the following week once again. After 4 weeks I ordered the gasket from Breckwell. I did get the gasket but thought the shipping charge was high, especially for such a common item in which I believe the dealer should have had on hand. I do not understand why I was able to get this gasket and the dealer wasn't able to? to this day the dealer has never called me back telling me they got my gasket in, guessing because I was installing it myself and they were not going to make any money off of me (labor).
Recently my Combustion Blower motor went bad. Once again I called the dealer and was told that they did not have this item in stock to try again next week. I believe they should have taken my name and placed and order and call me when the part came in. This would be the proper way to do business. The dealer is leaving me hanging. I have no idea if I would get this part or not. The dealer keeps saying call back next week. To me this is bad for business and bad for Breckwell.
I then called all the Breckwell dealers in my state looking to buy this motor and I was willing to do the traveling. Not one dealer in the state had this part. I then sent an e-mail to Breckwell questioning why no dealers seem to have replacement parts on hand. It's been 2 weeks to date and have not had a response from Breckwell. I ordered the parts I needed from Breckwell. I received an e-mail stating my order was received and should be processed within the next 5 business days and I should receive my order in 5 to 10 business days which amounts to 2 weeks. Once again I sent an e-mail to Breckwell questioning why it takes so long to process an order nevermind shipping it out. Today is day 7 and I have not heard a thing from Breckwell. I feel as though the dealer doesn't care because they got my money when I bought the stove and seeing as I have the knowledge to fix the stove myself and they won't be making any money off of me they are blowing me off. I now believe Breckwell is making me wait because I questioned them. Does anyone know who I can contact from Breckwell who would help me? Like I say I am very happy with the stove itself but I really don't understand why it takes so long to get a replacement part or why my local dealers never seem to have a part on hand. There has been no reason giving. Looking for suggestions as what I should do? Personally I would like to know how I could get a hold of supervision at Breckwell to explain my situation rather than talking with sales people. I heat my home with the pellet stove and next week we are getting below zero temperatures. Yes like most I have oil heat (used now as backup) but would rather use the pellet stove. All I am looking to do is get my stove working once again. Thanks

Tony,

I have had the same issues with my local dealer, With the same stove. But most of the parts fit others. So I don't know whats up?

http://www.hearthtools.com/parts/breckwell_parts.htm Has most of the larger parts. But they don't seem to carry the gaskets. And They are completly out of stock!

Eric from http://www.kinsmanstoves.com/ Sell's and services Breckwell. I sure he will chime in and tell you the scope. I ordered a Control board from Him. Still waiting for it to arrive though!

My Guess is the economy has a little to do with the lack of parts!

I'm not sure But its annoying!

Hopefully you local dealer is not as bad as mine. I could not even get him to look at my deffective stove. Had to go to another Breckwell dealer. I will never buy anything from my local guy. Just about useless.

Jay

Jay,

Glad to see that I am not alone on this! if there is a problem with parts why don't they just come out and say it, I can deal with that, it's the guessing game that has me puzzled. I stopped ordering pellets from my dealer because I never knew if I was going to get them or not. Paid for delivery one year but ended up picking them up myself. One year ordered a few tons but only got one! that year supply didn't meet demand which I understood. Why isn't Breckwell doing something about this themselves? I'm guessing sales are up right now and they don't need us! I am having the motor rebuilt as we speak so I will have a spare on hand but still need the gasket!!!! did see where I can get the motor but they are out until 1/15/2009 I believe. It's amazing, I ordered floor vents and fans from a business and I had them the next day without paying for overnight shipping etc! Never have I ever had to wait for more than 3 days to a week for anything I ever ordered on the internet for normal shipping charges. Too bad they have such a great product but don't support it........it will hurt them in the future!

Good Luck

First off, Jay I am sorry but I dropped the ball on the control board. I have it and have not charged you for it, as of yet. I will get it off in the mail on Monday and bill you when I do. I can be reached at 440-536-0198.

As for Breckwell replacement parts, I have some but call first if you need something. The above number is my cell.

Eric

Jay,

Just found another site that sells Breckwell Parts. Obadiah's Parts & Accessories. Free shipping for orders over $100.00 and usually ships within 24 hours. The combustion blower I was told by Breckwell that it only comes as an assembly which includes the housing. I see Obadiah's has this combustion blower without the housing! I really didn't need the housing. I am curious why I was told this blower can only be purchased with the housing? Wondering if this is a Breckwell part!

Tony

Compressedwoodseller, Thanks for the offer for the parts.

I finally did hear from Breckwell and the parts are due today and within the time frame they quoted. Although I am happy to be getting the parts seeing as Fridays temp will be -20 with the winshield factor, I think the dealers (not all, just the one's I've had no luck with) need to be better prepared for existing customers, not just sell you the stove and forget about you. The part(s) I was trying to get are common parts and fit many different stoves and brands. If these parts are back ordered thats one thing but to just never have parts on hand is another( especially gaskets), who knows it may be a way to get two charges for labor? When I get my furnace serviced, they have the parts right on the truck. doesn't matter what the part is. I have never had a furnace man tell me I have to order the parts, see you in 2 weeks! Again I am happy with the Breckwell Big E Furnace!

Tony

That is so true about us dealers having enough stiff in stock for the after the sale customer. I ordered back in july all of the replacement parts for the breckwells. I have doubles and even sometimes triple the replacement parts. You never know how many customers are going to have problems. If you need anything in the future let me know.
www.gogreenwithoharas.com

jtakeman said:
Tony,

I have had the same issues with my local dealer, With the same stove. But most of the parts fit others. So I don't know whats up?

http://www.hearthtools.com/parts/breckwell_parts.htm Has most of the larger parts. But they don't seem to carry the gaskets. And They are completly out of stock!

Eric from http://www.kinsmanstoves.com/ Sell's and services Breckwell. I sure he will chime in and tell you the scope. I ordered a Control board from Him. Still waiting for it to arrive though!

My Guess is the economy has a little to do with the lack of parts!

I'm not sure But its annoying!

Hopefully you local dealer is not as bad as mine. I could not even get him to look at my deffective stove. Had to go to another Breckwell dealer. I will never buy anything from my local guy. Just about useless.

Jay
I am not a Breckwell dealer anymore
but have been selling their parts for years.

I have no Breckwell parts.

Breckwell has new owners and i am having some issues with them calling me back. I left many emails and several voice mail messages for someone to call me back but no response since Sept.
so I just stopped ordering parts for now until I have time to figure out what im going to do. I have has some personal family and business issues to deal with so I have not taken the time to take care of this.

Tony K said:
Jay,

Just found another site that sells Breckwell Parts. Obadiah's Parts & Accessories. Free shipping for orders over $100.00 and usually ships within 24 hours. The combustion blower I was told by Breckwell that it only comes as an assembly which includes the housing. I see Obadiah's has this combustion blower without the housing! I really didn't need the housing. I am curious why I was told this blower can only be purchased with the housing? Wondering if this is a Breckwell part!

Tony

The reason Breckwell, Whitfield and Travis sells the Blowers complete is because most older PRE 2000 stove did not have the type of blower that is used now with the removable BLOWER from the housing. so you would need the whole housing if you had the old style.

Status
Not open for further replies.