Breckwell SP1002 Blower Stays On

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty77

Oct 21, 2016
Michigan
Good Day,

I have a Breckwell Pellet Stove SP1002 and there is supposed to me a 10min cool down cycle after it shuts off, but for some reason the blower stays on after this and won't shut off. I checked with the Dealer and also the Company and they say that I need to replace the Circuit Board but I had just replaced this part last year and I have only had the Stove for 2 years.

Any help on this matter or suggestions to point me in the right direction would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Smitty

Would there happen to be a snap switch that that activates the fan? A lot of stoves have one and not have the control on the boards. That's what would make sense and cheaper to produce too. Without looking at a schematic can only speculate.

Welcome to the forum! Do you have the stove on a surge protector? Two snap discs on that heater... low limit or proof of fire and high limit. High limit may have red button in center triggered but, if that is the case, you need to figure out why. Could just be the snap is gone, could be for another reason. I would check both of those snap discs by temporarily jumpering one at a time. Remember to unplug while working in the cabinet.
Manual:http://woodstoves.net/documents/breckwell/BigE-2-Manual.pdf page 27 for wiring schematic
Keep us posted

Status
Not open for further replies.