Breckwell spc50 (upland 207)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ifish

Sep 16, 2014
PA
I have been very interested in this unit for our new camp. Though I am confused on the heat output of the unit.

Nu-Tec lists the 207 at 32k btu, but Breckwell list the spc50 at 42k btu. Can someone explain how there is a 10k difference please? Is it just a difference in the way the BTU's were measured?

Also, we only have one dealer near the camp that carry's breckwell and his price is about $500 more than some prices I found online. What would be a fair price for the spc50?

Sorry no one responded sooner...

From a conversation I had with Northland Distributing before buying the Ecoteck/Ravelli Elena, they were not as well prepared for Warnock Hersey testing as they should have been. They forgot to bring pellets _g so testing proceeded with whatever pellets they could get. Result was a slightly reduced BTU rating. Manufacturers usually bring highest burning BTU pellets for testing.

Hard to tell the difference between Nu-Tec and Breckwell testing procedures as there is not much info out there... There has been more testing/research on pellet quality since 2009 too. The other question would be the corn/pellet mix - does it burn hotter? Never having used a multi-fuel, I really don't know. Hopefully someone will chime in on that aspect.

Thank you very much for the reply.

I really like the stove and want to pull the trigger on one, but @ 32k btu's it may not be enough. If 42k btu's it should be just fine.

I have been very interested in this unit for our new camp. Though I am confused on the heat output of the unit.

Nu-Tec lists the 207 at 32k btu, but Breckwell list the spc50 at 42k btu. Can someone explain how there is a 10k difference please? Is it just a difference in the way the BTU's were measured?

Also, we only have one dealer near the camp that carry's breckwell and his price is about $500 more than some prices I found online. What would be a fair price for the spc50?

Pellet stoves are space heaters. All of the heat is generated in the room where the stove is installed. 32,000 Btu is the equivalent of 6 or 7 electric heaters running full blast in one room. That is is lot of heat to dissipate from the room where the stove is operating. I do not know of any customers that run the stove continually at full output.

People tend to size their stove too large. At high heat the Upland 207 Pellet Stove burns approximately four pounds of fuel per hour. One may compare the burn rate of the SPC-50 and other models. Are you neighbors burning four pounds an hour?

In the unlikely situation that one requires more heat on a long term basis a second stove or a circulating furnace would be advised.

If the dealer is knowledgeable and provides assistance with the delivery and installation, $500 may be well worth it.

The SPC-50 provides a nice quiet ambiance, great fireview, cozy radiant heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.