Breckwell stoves, interchangable parts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

travlnusa

Nov 8, 2008
NW Wisconsin
We are loving our Big E stove and now plan on adding a second, smaller, stove in the finished basement over the next summer.

I was thinking that since I have figured out what goes where and why on my Breckwell Big E, does it make sense to stay with that brand as I will find common parts and procedures?

Does this logic make sense or do they use different interal parts in each model of stoves?

Thanks.

as far as using parts from different brands
you can use the Combustion blower motor from a whitfield.
real easy if you have a newer post 2000 stove with the removable motor from housing. Because the housing are different but the same motor, Motor Mounting flange and fan blade.
whitfield12056010.jpg

but the Room air blower is a different animal all together because the housing is Mirror image as MOST other Pellet stoves blower.
you CAN NOT swap out the motor only because the rotation is not the same.

whitfield
12146109-wh_convention3.jpg

auger motor
the newer Post 2005 breckwells use a standard 1 RPM motor. the same as most stoves
BUT they have that DUMB hole drilled into the shaft for the mounting pin.

Older Breckwells have a 4 RPM motor that is hard to find.

I would say most parts are the same, Except the sheet metal.

Your best bet is to pick out the stove you want, then download the manual for it and Compare the parts.

You should find that the blowers and auger motor are the same. Control board should also be the same except the 4 heat, Big E has the 5 heat settings. The exception is the multifuel stove due to 4 rpm motor.

But compare them to be sure! There maybe some shuttle difference's!

jay

Status
Not open for further replies.