Breckwell

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnywarm

Minister of Fire
Sep 12, 2007
Connecticut
Hi
How is the Breckwell name in pellet stoves?? I'm looking at the Big--E for the celler,the 20001 for the den.

Is there another Pellet stove like the Big--E??

Thank you Johnnywarm

I'm not a Pellet-head, so I don't know a lot about them, but they get a fair bit of mention on here, and no major complaints. They don't get the amount of mention that Harman or Quad does, but the people that have them seem fairly happy with them.

Gooserider

Lots of Breckwells are sold out there and generally they work pretty well. There was some grumbling about the BigE a little while back by baskinglizards. Supposed to be remedied by now in current stoves.

You might want to take a look at the Englanders. The 25-PUF is one mother of a heater.

I want to thank both of you for answering. I was looking at wood stoves but have decited to go with two pellet stoves.

I will look into the englender and get back to you.

johnnywarm

Be sure to visit some dealers to see and listen to the stove. Some pellet stoves are fairly noisy. It is a small wood furnace and there are a couple blowers running + the roar of the fire. Listen to the stove with the convection blower on high. If the stove is well designed, it won't be objectionable. The sound bothers some people and others it doesn't. But some of the more utilitarian models might be a bad idea in a living room or home theater area due to noise.

BeGreen said:
Be sure to visit some dealers to see and listen to the stove. Some pellet stoves are fairly noisy. It is a small wood furnace and there are a couple blowers running + the roar of the fire. Listen to the stove with the convection blower on high. If the stove is well designed, it won't be objectionable. The sound bothers some people and others it doesn't. But some of the more utilitarian models might be a bad idea in a living room or home theater area due to noise.

Thank you for some great points of interest. I'll let you know what we do.

JW

I have one and have had no major problems with it , I use it for my main heat source in my 900 sq ft home. It works very well heating my main living area of 600 sq ft. It is not a pretty stove and it is noisy, but heats very well. I have mine on a programmable stat and it works well. I have a friend with the same stove , and the only problems I'm aware of is the auger bridges pellets and he has to empty the hopper to clear the auger. I think he had to replace a blower or fan ,but it was a warranty item.It is nice to be able to put 3 bags in the hopper so you are not feeding it pellets all the time. Not to brag but I bought mine for $ 1400.00 delivered from Washington state to Pennsylvania back in 05. No one local was even close to that price best I could find local was $ 450.00 more and I had to go pick it up and pay sales tax [$111.00] and pay $ 250.00 more for the piping. Breckwell has been good as far as answering any questions that I have had, either by email and a couple of times they called me at home to talk me through some things. I have no complaints with my BIG E so far.

buildingmaint said:
I have one and have had no major problems with it , I use it for my main heat source in my 900 sq ft home. It works very well heating my main living area of 600 sq ft. It is not a pretty stove and it is noisy, but heats very well. I have mine on a programmable stat and it works well. I have a friend with the same stove , and the only problems I'm aware of is the auger bridges pellets and he has to empty the hopper to clear the auger. I think he had to replace a blower or fan ,but it was a warranty item.It is nice to be able to put 3 bags in the hopper so you are not feeding it pellets all the time. Not to brag but I bought mine for $ 1400.00 delivered from Washington state to Pennsylvania back in 05. No one local was even close to that price best I could find local was $ 450.00 more and I had to go pick it up and pay sales tax [$111.00] and pay $ 250.00 more for the piping. Breckwell has been good as far as answering any questions that I have had, either by email and a couple of times they called me at home to talk me through some things. I have no complaints with my BIG E so far.

Well we are the new proud owners of a Big E with the bigger window. They do get a good reviwe and its going into the cellar. We are going to hold off on getting the 20001 till next season.

We paid 1,800 plus tax with a dealer.

Thank you everybody!!JW

johnnywarm said:
I have the Omega in my house
http://www.hearthtools.com/pellet/enviro/omegared.jpg
but it has been warm so i have only burned 3 bags so far.
http://www.hearthtools.com/pellet/enviro/omega.htm

That looks like a very nice stove. May i ask what it cost? What state are you in?

JW[/quote]

Im in California
But Enviro is sold everywhere
they are not cheep for they are a Hight quality high BTU stove
A little over $4K
http://www.hearthtools.com/pellet/enviro/multifuelpot2.jpg
http://www.hearthtools.com/pellet/enviro/multifuelpotselfclean.jpg

I just ordered a new Omega.

It took me a long time to decide but these days time is of the essence because they gave me a lead time of October.

I like the multi-fuel, large ash pan, large hopper, etc. It's designed for low maintenance.

I have a smaller house but I'll just run it on a lower setting. It's good to know it has eht horsepower to really heat up the house when it gets fridged.

Now I can't wait.

FG.

flamegrabber said:

It took me a long time to decide but these days time is of the essence because they gave me a lead time of October.

I like the multi-fuel, large ash pan, large hopper, etc. It's designed for low maintenance.

I have a smaller house but I'll just run it on a lower setting. It's good to know it has eht horsepower to really heat up the house when it gets fridged.

Now I can't wait.

FG.

Let us know how it gos

Will do.

It may take a while though because of the wait/back log, but I will report back.

FG.

johnnywarm said:
flamegrabber said:

Now I can't wait.

FG.

Let us know how it gos

The Big E is a great stove. If you have questions you can call me

Eric
330-876-0200

flamegrabber said:
Hey Eric,

The Big E may be a great stove, but I ordered the Enviro Omega.

I hope it is just a good!

Thanks,

FG.

kinsman stoves said:

Eric
330-876-0200

Thats a nice stove(omega). I hope the auto cleaning burn pot work's well for you.Ask hearthtools about it,he has one that he ran for a long time before cleaning it.

If you dont mind me asking? How much.

Good Luck
I hope it works out for you.

Eric

It cost me $3489.00 without the extra plumbing and install I'll need.

Those extra pipes are expensive.

Installed + tax it'll cost me ~$4400.00 or so.

Long wait tho. I guess alot of people are ordering pellet stoves ( big surprise ).

FG.

johnnywarm said:
flamegrabber said:
Hey Eric,

Thanks,

FG.

kinsman stoves said:

Eric
330-876-0200

Thats a nice stove(omega). I hope the auto cleaning burn pot work's well for you.Ask hearthtools about it,he has one that he ran for a long time before cleaning it.

flamegrabber said:
It cost me $3489.00 without the extra plumbing and install I'll need.

Those extra pipes are expensive.

Installed + tax it'll cost me ~$4400.00 or so.

Long wait tho. I guess alot of people are ordering pellet stoves ( big surprise ).

FG.

johnnywarm said:
flamegrabber said:
Hey Eric,

Thanks,

FG.

Thanks. It will be worth it.

kinsman stoves said:

Eric
330-876-0200

Status
Not open for further replies.