Brewster,NY frree Locust tree on CL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got Wood

Minister of Fire
Oct 22, 2008
Dutchess Cty, NY
Just saw this on Craigslist. Outside of my range but thought someone here might like it.....

hudson valley craigslist > for sale / wanted > free stuff
please flag with care: [?]

Free firewood (Brewster)
Date: 2011-09-09, 5:29AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
We have a large locust tree, about 80 feet long, down in our back yard. It is a good hard word for burning. The wood is yours if you want to come and cut it up. You can drive a truck right up to it to load as well.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2589555279

About 20 miles or so from me. If I didn't have nearly 10 cords stacked and about 3 on the ground waiting for me to pick up, I would take the ride for it.

Just sent an email - i'm right across the border in CT. I am set for this year but my neighbor is crying the blues to me that he has no wood. i am sure he would burn this...or I can keep it for next year or 2013.

Does CT have any restrictions on moving firewood? We can only move it 50 miles and can not bring it in from another state regardless of mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.