Brick veneer around type A flue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffd

Oct 22, 2007
Virginia
I am about to install a chimney. Leaning towards drilling through poured concrete basement wall then using Supervent from Lowe's. I then want to do a brick veneer. I can't find any details/specs for how best to do that especially the details on the clean-out and how to finish at the top. Would galvanized pipe be OK if I do this, using ss for last piece? Thanks for any input.

Using the galvanized class A might save some money and would be fine since it should be enclosed in a water proof structure.

For the clean-out I would make a hinged trap door on the bottom, you could paint some wood a dark brick color so it blends in.

At the top you could either stop at your soffit, or go all the way up and then put a galvanized chase top pan up there with a storm collar.

Status
Not open for further replies.