Bridging and blowouts? What has changed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems I've got it going. While I was leaning toward wood MC issues as the cause, what kept nagging my thoughts was the fact that I have very little if any steam from my exhaust.
I went back at lunch yesterday and reread through all the Biomass tuning sticky info. I have not changed my shutter settings since first beginning to use this boiler last summer. While I'm not sure what changed in the last week (increased O2 density in air??), I decided it seemed as though I was overfeeding the primaries from what I read in the sticky. When I got home, I cut the primaries down to 1/2 and it has burned normally since. While the flame from the nozzle no longer looks like a F-18 in afterburner, I have a solid blue combustion filling the bottom chamber. It's more of a "lazy" looking jet but the boiler is heating well and I'm having no problems with the wood. The tulip even burnt well, last night.
When I got up this morning, it was on "fuel" but the load was consumed with just enough remaining to restart for todays burn.

Thanks to all that offered suggestions! I appreciate all the shared knowledge as I continue to learn to operate this thing. My home has never been as comfortable as it is now with my gasser running. I can't wait to build new this summer so my 60/storage combo can work properly.

Reactions: Fred61
Status
Not open for further replies.