Bring in the brass monkeys tonight !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going down to 1 degrees F tonight here in the Catskills region of New York tonight. Weather isn't fit for anyone, not even a brass monkey if you know what I mean ! Running plenty of red oak I had stored up for nights like this !

brass_monkey_balls.jpg

OK , it's in now what ?

Reactions: pen and basod
Going down to 1 degrees F tonight here in the Catskills region of New York tonight. Weather isn't fit for anyone, not even a brass monkey if you know what I mean ! Running plenty of red oak I had stored up for nights like this !

Yep, I spent 10 minutes outside last night at 10 degrees F without gloves or my heaviest coat on and it was miserable. Mind you, the middle weight coat is no slouch either, but the full on arctic coat has a hood with it (i.e., only difference between the two coats) but it has a bunch of accessories on the inside (e.g., Carhart hat, Under Armour face mask, thin glove liners, thick waterproof gloves). I can spend hours outside in the snow with the heavy coat.

With that said, burning red oak and locust tonight and just checked on the furnace. I have about 3 to 4 inches of coals in the furnace and the house is a nice 75 degrees. Man, do I love this wood burning stuff.

What the heck would you guys do if it actually got COLD? :p:eek: Was around 34* today and I worked outside most of the day in just a T Shirt.

What the heck would you guys do if it actually got COLD? :p:eek: Was around 34* today and I worked outside most of the day in just a T Shirt.

Yeah, I would be sunbathing at 34 degrees.

We have had some 3 dog nights lately

Status
Not open for further replies.