BRING IT MOTHER NATURE!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's official. 9 degrees F-first single digit temp of the year for Northwest NJ.

We got 6 degrees last night here in the NC mountains. The little Waterford stove is doing its best.

Had to play a little catch-up this morning. Hard to see the ( - ) symbol, but that's 12.3 degrees F below zero, 64 inside, recovered back in to the 70's nicely.
2015-01-08 07.44.07.jpg

Living in New York State my whole life, I never find cold weather or 2' of snow worthy of mention. Now what Buffalo got early this year. That raised my eyebrows.
I'm just happy Oneida is going to finally freeze

I shoulda had the li'l lady toss on a couple of hold-over splits...When I got back it was 64 in here! <> This will not stand! No more Mr. Nice Guy. Loaded 4 big splits; 2 White Oak, one Pignut and one BL. Been at 600+ stove top for 1.5 hrs. >>
Wait a minute, WTH?? I just looked at the forecast....near zero again Friday night! That's it, I'm putting the blower back on the stove today. That should be fun, on a hot stove. _g

I shoulda had the li'l lady toss on a couple of hold-over splits...When I got back it was 64 in here! <> This will not stand! No more Mr. Nice Guy. Loaded 4 big splits; 2 White Oak, one Pignut and one BL. Been at 600+ stove top for 1.5 hrs. >>
Wait a minute, WTH?? I just looked at the forecast....near zero again Friday night! That's it, I'm putting the blower back on the stove today. That should be fun, on a hot stove. _g

Ha! Just extended the chimney on the house in CT by 3' last weekend with the Oslo burning. Waited for it to burn down to coals and went for it. Was no problem, just had to remember not to look down the pipe and not to touch the cap right away.

Ha! Just extended the chimney on the house in CT by 3' last weekend with the Oslo burning. Waited for it to burn down to coals and went for it. Was no problem, just had to remember not to look down the pipe and not to touch the cap right away.
Yeah, but I gotta fumble around underneath the stove to put on some convection hole covers, and the stove has the short-leg kit on it...hard to not touch the stove. I guess the bottom of the stove won't be too hot...I hope. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.