Bringing in a load, my process.....pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKIN052

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2008
Appleton, Newfoundland
Pull up the the bike and trailer to the shed out back,

Quick ride to the front,

Hand bomb down a flight of stairs, 7 stairs, 25 paces in total to the racks,

Over to the racks, roughly a cord in at time. About 20 feet worth, Should be good till Christmas,

Makes it all worth it when you find one of these.......

Last edited:
Nice setup and nice ride to cruise around on. Whats Hand Bomb? Someone at base of the stairs?

Nice setup- pretty stout looking trailer, nice job on it.

I have an aunt & uncle who live in Nova Scotia and have a simular set up. The only difference is they pass the wood through a basement window and stack it in a makeshift wood closet.

Nice setup except for getting the wood downstairs. Would it be possible to load it directly through the window above the wood rack in the basement?

What kind of wood are you burning and how long do you usually season it?

Yes the stairs is the only real killer here. The window is in the dog kennel area not really suitable for passing wood in through. Wood is a mix of spruce, birch and Aspen, seasoned since early last spring. Most people around here cut in the fall for winter burning.

Time to move the kennel.:)

+1. Or something like that. Don't think my body could handle slugging wood down steps.

Not sure what else your stove room gets used for or how you are for space, but I think I would be thinking something like a chute in the window with a big bin/crate at the bottom that you just slide the wood into. Don't even need to re-pile it, just take from the heap & put into the stove. Or when chuting, you could have a couple of them on dollys/wheels that you just roll around when they get full. Or, given the window height & location, maybe bypass the chute all together & just drop/toss into a big wheeled crate or even an open bin right under the window. Looks like lots of room there, and towards the corner.

Reactions: SKIN052
Yes, I gotta figure something out about the chute. Stupid roll out windows don't really leave me allot of room though, even if I pop the roller. I would like to have my winters wood stored in there. No real bugs so far though I did notice a few small spider webs around, o well.

Might get some millers flying around too.

That atv and trailer look really nice. For sure it should be easy backing up with the long tongue. That makes it sweet.

Reactions: PapaDave
Might get some millers flying around too.

That atv and trailer look really nice. For sure it should be easy backing up with the long tongue. That makes it sweet.
Thanks Backwoods, bike has been awesome. The trailer I picked up from a fellow a few years ago actually and built the box on it myself. Works very well, trick is to take a bit of air out of the tires when hauling wood, avoids excessive bouncing.

Have to agree with that one! Too much air is not good sometimes. You did a fine job.

Nice set-up but the main question is what did you win?????==c

Nice set-up but the main question is what did you win?????==c
Lol, was waiting for someone to say something. I won a dozen beer, yes!!!!! I have a terrible habit of opening a beer and tossing the cap in the fire. I likely tossed away a few of these by mistake.

Sweet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.