Bringing in some Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
We decided to bring in some wood before some rain comes in Tuesday & Wednesday, attached are some pictures heading to get the trailer and wood.

100_2098 is heading to the backyard,2100 and 2101 is going and picking up the trailer,2102 is backing up to the stack of cherry(blurry),2104 and 2105 I'm heading to put the wood in and 2106 is heading back then the last is the trail behind the stacks.

Looks like I'll need one more light in behind the stacks.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2098.jpg
    100_2098.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 579
  • 100_2100.jpg
    100_2100.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 591
  • 100_2101.jpg
    100_2101.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 582
  • 100_2102.jpg
    100_2102.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 580
  • 100_2104.jpg
    100_2104.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 584
  • 100_2105.jpg
    100_2105.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 580
  • 100_2106.jpg
    100_2106.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 573
  • 100_2107.jpg
    100_2107.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 566
Whats that white stuff? Maybe the rain will get rid of that. We brought wood in today also. Suppose to be in the 50's tomorrow and low of 50 with rain here too.

CALJREICH said:
Whats that white stuff? Maybe the rain will get rid of that. We brought wood in today also. Suppose to be in the 50's tomorrow and low of 50 with rain here too.

We received 4-6 inches of snow late friday/early saturday which should be gone by wednesday.

zap

looks like fun. love working in the snow.

ecocavalier02 said:

eco, great night up in the north country it made me want to go for a night ride back throught the woods that I cut on.

zap

i love being outside at night this time of year. i had the headlamp on tonight and was sstacking wood. also great hiking weather and camping. doesnt get better than this.

ecocavalier02 said:
i love being outside at night this time of year. i had the headlamp on tonight and was sstacking wood. also great hiking weather and camping. doesnt get better than this.

Looks like the second week of December we should have some colder air coming in from the land of GETFA (Canada) so this weekend it looks like some three year old beech and sugar maple will come in for some higher btu's.

zap

zapny said:
We decided to bring in some wood before some rain comes in Tuesday & Wednesday, attached are some pictures heading to get the trailer and wood.

100_2098 is heading to the backyard,2100 and 2101 is going and picking up the trailer,2102 is backing up to the stack of cherry(blurry),2104 and 2105 I'm heading to put the wood in and 2106 is heading back then the last is the trail behind the stacks.

zap

Is That All You Got?

smokinjay said:
zapny said:

zap

Is That All You Got?

If your talking about the snow then yes.

zap

zapny said:
ecocavalier02 said:

Looks like the second week of December we should have some colder air coming in from the land of GETFA (Canada) so this weekend it looks like some three year old beech and sugar maple will come in for some higher btu's.

zap

zap, knocking out my little mind!! whats this stand for? GETFA ;-)

loon

We had a little snow in SoVT Saturday. I'm bummed about the temps warming up and the rain coming in. It's bad for snow making.

loon said:
zapny said:
ecocavalier02 said:

zap

loon

Loon it is a member of hearth.com but I leave off some letters, click on the link and go to post #5. LLigetfa

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/54875/

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:

zap

Is That All You Got?

If your talking about the snow then yes.

zap
Really talking about the landing strip you got going on! Wow That is very well light-up! Blizard in the middle of the night you could still set a plane down safe....lol

zapny said:
loon said:
zapny said:
ecocavalier02 said:

zap

loon

Loon it is a member of hearth.com but I leave off some letters, click on the link and go to post #5. LLigetfa

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/54875/

zap

Gotcha :cheese:

Zap, you just need to do more during daylight hours. lol

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, you just need to do more during daylight hours. lol

Your correct Sav, I took the weekend off from cutting (Sat. & Sun.) so this weekend I'll start again. The first tree I grab will be the beech and of course I always grab one cherry tree.

zap

That's great Zap

I was hoping the moon would come out with the snow on the ground. Its great to walk through the wood with the snow and a full moon.

ps you look might comfortable in you avatar! I would love to have one of those new stoves what a light show at first I thought it was a tv!

Billy

Cowboy Billy said:
That's great Zap

I was hoping the moon would come out with the snow on the ground. Its great to walk through the wood with the snow and a full moon.

ps you look might comfortable in you avatar! I would love to have one of those new stoves what a light show at first I thought it was a tv!

Billy

Billy last time we took a walk through the woods at night we almost got run over by a deer we spooked. We have some high winds still going on so it will be interesting on Saturday when I get back in the woods to see if there are any trees down.

Lost power for about five hours.

zap

ecocavalier02 said:

Grew up in rural Nebraska. Seen enough of the white stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.