broke plastic cooling fan on back of combustion blower motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisf

Jun 25, 2009
upstate NY 12025
says it all in the title do you know where I can buy one or is it not really needed?

It's there to cool the motor windings, and is important especially since the motor is subject to a lot of heat. I have never seen just the fan for sale, they usually come with the motor. Is it a separate item in your parts listing? You could replace the motor (assuming the new one comes with the fan) and keep the current one for a spare.

Is the name of the motor manufacturer on it? Maybe look them up on the internet and contact them about getting a replacement.

My Quadrafire does not have a part # for just the plastic fan on Comb Blower. Did you break it in half?? These only serve as a cooling agent. Depending on the severity of the break? You may be able to use an epoxy or super glue to stick back together. Mine cracked, when I tried pulling it off this winter. It still functions as it should. It did not break in half, But it still slides on and spins.. Got a Pic???

Status
Not open for further replies.