Broken glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brant2000

Feeling the Heat
Oct 24, 2011
Somerset, PA
My wife called today in a panic that the glass broke while she was loading the boiler on a hot bed of coals. Fortunately she still had time to pull all the wood out before it lit up. $100 later, but I'm very glad the local glass shop could cut me a piece right away.

Reactions: flyingcow
My wife called today in a panic that the glass broke while she was loading the boiler on a hot bed of coals. Fortunately she still had time to pull all the wood out before it lit up. $100 later, but I'm very glad the local glass shop could cut me a piece right away.
Good thing she was able to get the wood out.

She loaded it N-S with a log that was obviously too long (the firebox is wider than it is deep) and swung the door shut.

It was a quick fix and we're back up and rolling now. At least I get an awesome fire show with brand new glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.