Broken Heat exchanger tube cleaning rod (Profile 30)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Driz said:
Follow this link and ask these guys. http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtalk/forumdisplay.php?f=13 I am sure they will give you the best advice you can get for thi8s type of repair.

Thanks Driz, I will check them out.

Today I removed the brick sheets and did a major clean. I got to look at this close up. The end of the rod has a clip on it, when you pull up on the rod, the plate gets jammed at an angle. Doesn't track correctly like it used to. I cleaned behind the 2 upper plates and can get the cleaning plate to move the entire distance but only guiding it with my hand. If I try to pull it up soley with the rod it jams. Maybe there should be a pin above the plate. I dunno, would be nice to know how it used to be. If anyone out there has the profile 30 and the heat exchange cleaning rod assembly is working, maybe they could shed some light on this. I guess a trip to the shop is in order too now. I thought it would be ok without pulling that rod once a day but there really was a lot of ash up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.