Broken Pin (stuck) in auger/motor shaft

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rx_menon

Apr 13, 2009
Long Island, NY
All:
I have had a Saranac FS unit since Nov. 08. Within a month of use the pin popped out and I had to put it back in. In Jan, the pin broke but was jammed so hard in the coupling shaft that I could neither knock the piece out nor remove the motor. Until yesterday, the broken piece was long enuf to still make the auger spin but that broke off too.. I have left msgs on the only no: I have in possession (Hudson River Stove Works). Has anyone encountered anything similar? The manufacturer is Inca Metal Cutting Ltd. in Richmond, BC, Canada but I see no web presence nor a phone no:. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Rajiv Menon

You need to drive or press that pin out. You can make a simple press with a modified C-clamp, but a punch and hammer should work.
Mike -

Status
Not open for further replies.