BrotherBart made a post not long ago

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/post-count.90080/

In that post he stated that I was about to pass him in post count. Yes, that happened but today when I got online I realized that yet today I will pass the 20,000 mark! Never thought that would happen but strange things do happen every now and then.

It is my wish that all would know that the reason for me being on this forum is to help others if at all possible. Of course every now and then some funnies pop up and guys teasing, etc, but it is all in fun. Most of my time on this forum has been very good and yes, I've had a few rough spots too but not so rough at to throw me out of the tracks just yet. But perhaps it is time for me to slow down a bit so come on guys and gals, out-post me!

And thanks to all of you.

In that post he stated that I was about to pass him in post count. Yes, that happened but today when I got online I realized that yet today I will pass the 20,000 mark! Never thought that would happen but strange things do happen every now and then.

It is my wish that all would know that the reason for me being on this forum is to help others if at all possible. Of course every now and then some funnies pop up and guys teasing, etc, but it is all in fun. Most of my time on this forum has been very good and yes, I've had a few rough spots too but not so rough at to throw me out of the tracks just yet. But perhaps it is time for me to slow down a bit so come on guys and gals, out-post me!

Happy 20th thousand and may you post 20,000 more....:)

I've sure learned a lot from you, Dennis. Not all of it's about wood or burning. You are a good guy who lives right and you do so in a way that compells others to follow suit.

Many thanks.

I think the count was 19,991 when I started this thread. Getting closer.

Reactions: ScotO
Geeze Danno, we must have been typing at the same time.

Reactions: Danno77 and ScotO
Okay, as I type this, the count should go to 20,000.

Reactions: rdust and milleo
Many Thanks Dennis...... Your positive posts on getting ahead has been my driving force. From this year on. I only need to cut what I burn in one year.

Just imagine if you went Mobile, like Scotty O. and myself ;) If you could post from Anywhere? You would be at the 200,000 mark :) Keep it up Dennis...... Keep the Newb's on there A game and getting ahead.

Keep on posting Sav, many members have built up the wood inventories because of you, still plenty of new members that need that info. Six plus years ahead because of you, at times I wondered why I was busting it but when I look out at the stacks I know why.

zap

You tell him, Dex! Heck, I've only been on this site a little over a year and I've posted over 3800 times! Most of it, thanks to the ol' Droid!

Now I know why I dont have a 'smart phone'. With 2800 posts in not quite 2 yrs,as much fun as it is hanging out here- I'd never get anything else done! ;lol

Dennis, if I had 20,000 pieces of wood, how many cords would that be? I too have learned from your wisdom.

Need more information! What length. What size, etc. ;lol

Hey guys, I really don't need a new phone (poor covereage here anyway) because I'm usually around here most of the time. However, I do try to stick to once per day getting on the forum. Trouble is, sometimes it takes hours to get off the forum!

I wonder how many people see a milk crate and think of you? Thanks for all of the great posts and trying to set us straight when we get off course.

I have a smart phone but I am refusing to get the mobile app for that reason ;lol

pete

You don't need the App... Just go to the site. I have it set-up, so I get an email for every new post (well, until I check the thread) Your email addy on your phone gets it, then click the link and Bam! Hearth....... "Like"

Reactions: Dairyman and ScotO
Congrats Dennis, have always enjoyed your insight and your willingness to help everyone. Hope you do not wear out that milk crate. Look forward to your next 20,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I noticed this thread an hour ago and you were still 19,9xx. I think you managed 30 posts since then. Damn!

Im struggling just to get 1K. one post closer....

Well done. And I'll add another thank you from a woodburner who learned a lot from you insight over the years here.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Thanks Jharkin. I think my wife is wondering if I'll ever finish tonight. Usually the forum is not as busy on the weekends but today surely is.

A great big thank you, Dennis. You've made such a difference, really appreciate your willingness to share and help. And personally, I'm hoping to see 40,000 more!

Thanks for the wealth of info Backwoods...to those of us who come to depend on the wisdom of others, its nice to find people so willing to share.
Looking forward to the next 20K...

Status
Not open for further replies.