Brought home a load Black Birch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, can see where it could be mistook for beech at first glance. Gotta love them ole dent side Fords.
Ford F250 Highboy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hills Hoard
Damn embers that thing is CLEAN! Very very nice, any more pics? The old gray one is not much to look at on the outside but at least she's a little shiny under the hood.

upload_2014-4-30_10-59-9.png

upload_2014-4-30_10-59-15.png

Thanks Razo, It don't look qwite as good as it once did. I've used it to pull my landscape trailer for several years. The bed is starting to rust some and the paint is dulling and chipping a bit but she still runs and drives good. It's got a 460 with Cobra Jet heads, L&L headers, desert cooler 4 core radiator. I've got some pics of my motor on another computer. Your motor looks great by the way. The one pic is of the stainless steel over the axle gas tank I got from fatfendered.com

My last few add ons this passed winter was a rear disc brake conversion which was pretty easy and not very costly. You just put 77 Chevrolet 3/4 ton 4x4 front brakes on the back of your Dana 60 with special ebay mounting brackets. A big improvement. I also installed a much needed 97 model F250 Super Duty permanent magnet gear reduction starter. No more draggy hot starts. Most of the body on my truck use to be on a F250 2wd. I got tired of getting stuck when trying to cut wood so I put it all over on a highboy chassis. I go by 30over on fordtrucks.com forum.

Ford interior 2.jpg Ford front.jpg Ford interior.jpg Ford interior 2.jpg Ford Gas Tank.jpg

Reactions: Hills Hoard
Still can't get over how nice that truck is, I'm on ford-trucks.com as well, generalrazo (there must be another razo out there!). I'm familiar with the disc conversion, I plan on putting a 60 in my Jeep and have the parts for the conversion. The one that utilizes the Chevy 3/4 ton calipers does not allow for an e-brake though, at least all the ones I came across. If you use Eldorado calipers, you can hook them up to your e-brake.

That 460 sounds like something else, would LOVE to see some pics of that for sure.

Yeah, but this is the wood shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.