Brought Home A New Toy Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT-Mike

Minister of Fire
Mar 22, 2008
New England
Needed to clear some brush in the backyard so that I have another spot to stack splits. Went to the local shop this morning and came home with a Stihl Kombi KM130 with the Power Scythe head. That thing sounds mean, and did an excellent job clearing the smaller brush. I am going to add the brush cutter head for the larger stuff, a string trimmer head, and the leaf blower head. Possibly the power snow broom also for clearing snow off the deck.

This modular system will allow me to sell my current string trimmer and reduce the number of small engines I have to maintain.

Sweeet I have been watching them as well. The pole pruner could be very handy as-well.

It's not a toy, it's a tool - at least that is what I keep telling my wife every time I get a new toy umm tool. Kind of surprises me you can get to your brush this time of year, I thought it'd be under snow.

We haven't had all that much snow where I live this year. Today was in the 40's and most of what we had has melted. That is a double-edged sword because when I used the garden tractor today to put the splitter away, the rear tires were spinning, and the snow chains were tearing up some of the lawn.

You're going to love that if you have any serious land to clear. Did you get the bicycle handles or 'D' grip?

Over the years we've used just about every conceivable brush blade made. But I keep going back to a conventional circular saw type blade. For all around best brush blade. For one thing i can resharpen it myself...sure it's not perfect but it'll cut like new most of the day.

Savage,

Currently just have the D handle but I am going to add the handlebars to make it easier to use. I also want add the wall mount to hold the power head and all of the accessories to keep things up and out of the way when not in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.