Brought home a Princess!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagler85

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2012
NE Ohio
seansellsohio.com
Brought home a BK Princess today, been wanting one of these for a loooooong time. I'm really looking forward to long burn times and using a cat stove. Now the debate is if I should add a second stove on the other side of the house. We're in an 1880 farm house with no insulation. So it will be leaky, I'll be adding insulation as I fix up the house but may need a stove in the kitchen (opposite side of house from stove room). Here's a pic of the stove in the house. Picked it up from a fellow member here who was gracious enough to make a long trip to meet me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 195
Brought home a BK Princess today, been wanting one of these for a loooooong time. I'm really looking forward to long burn times and using a cat stove. Now the debate is if I should add a second stove on the other side of the house. We're in an 1880 farm house with no insulation. So it will be leaky, I'll be adding insulation as I fix up the house but may need a stove in the kitchen (opposite side of house from stove room). Here's a pic of the stove in the house. Picked it up from a fellow member here who was gracious enough to make a long trip to meet me.

Congrats on the new stove! If it were me I would wait to see if it is able to keep your house warm before pulling the trigger on another stove--it may not be necessary. But if it is, you can always add it later on if needed.

Reactions: firecracker_77
Congratulations. Is the kitchen area large enough for a cook stove?

Reactions: ScotO and PapaDave
Congrats, Dang !! looks like a big fire box ,burn it man :eek:

I think you will be pleasently surprised with the power of this stove. Yes, it can burn forever but can also be turned up and put out gobs of heat. Plug up some of those leaks and the Princess may take care of most of your heating load. I will be looking forward to your install pictures and how it all works out for you.

Congratulations....

Liner is going in Thursday, then need to put in the hearth pad and she will be ready to go.

although some fried cheese curds would have been nice

You'll love it, they're great stoves. I knew it was a Todd stove as soon as I read "Picked it up from a fellow member". ;lol

It depends on the size of your house and a little insulation will go a long way but that baby will throw some heat, I'm heating close to 3000 sf with my insert and does a good job except on the coldest of days.

I was at a dealer yesterday , they had a BK Princess there , It's hooked up to, that's a nice stove .
Ha said U can run it on low setting ,and touch the SW pipe and not burn your hand

Two BKs on offset burn cycles would be sweet. You'd be able to precisely control heat output 24/7 and never have to run them above their sweet spot. When I am looking to maximize heat output, I often toss pine in on the last 1/3 of the burn to make up for the decay function of the burn curve.

I was at a dealer yesterday , they had a BK Princess there , It's hooked up to, that's a nice stove .
Ha said U can run it on low setting ,and touch the SW pipe and not burn your hand

Not to disparage the BK, but I call bull on the salesperson unless he is talking about the very end of the coaling stage.

Not to disparage the BK, but I call bull on the salesperson unless he is talking about the very end of the coaling stage.

I'm gonna bet you can touch it without a burn, if not very long. I can hold my hand on double wall at wide open, pretty much as long as I want. Not much heat goes up the pipe.

I was at a dealer yesterday

Konieczka, in Davison?

Never been there, but super nice people to deal with on the phone.

The first time I have been there, never knew it was there til,l I looked for Lopi dealers .
I got a door gasket, and needed to order a little metal bracket for the blower snap disk, the guy I bought the stove from never used the snap disk he had it hooked to a wall switch,he had the other parts ,anyway.
I think they are really great there ,really nice guy , the part was hard to track down ,to get a part # and a price ,he got me hooked up .
It did not bother him a bit to answer a lot of questions I asked, I was there 2 hours ,looking and talking

Well round 1 of princess install is underway. The wife tore down the plaster today to prep for the liner install tomorrow.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377138898.745881.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1377138909.680027.jpg

Reactions: ScotO and HDRock
Dang.... That's a nice unit. And if its for who I think? Then it has VERY little use. :)

Yep, I am coming out for sure now... Mind is made up.

(Edit: notice the alien green glow in the window of that BK?? That's the secret. Shhhh ;em)

Reactions: swagler85

I have put my hand through a stove pipe that was set up to be able to remove a section of the pipe just above the stove on a BK chinook 30 at a dealer .........And it was in the middle of the burn cycle , with flames.............Heh ! It freaked me out at first but I put my hand over the opening of the pipe and it was just warm but not hot...................True stuff

Just like the video that Blaze King has on youtube ..........same thing.........it really is true

Status
Not open for further replies.