brown delivery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blades

Minister of Fire
Nov 23, 2008
WI, Leroy
Seems the the pair of 7900's were playing around a might too much, and this is the delivery. Makita 6421 from HD, Thanks Dan.

Attachments

• makita.jpg
    makita.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 173
Reactions: smokinj
They are a good saw from what I've heard. We were at Scout Camp this past weekend and one of the dad's had his up there. I was impressed with that saw.

Got to play with it for a bit Friday, Bogs when you get on the gas at first, so will need a carb kit, air filter and the drive sprocket is a bit worn. Came with brand new 20" home depot branded bar and a Chain . Do not recognize marking on chain, so maybe hd branded also ( looks similar to Stilh's) Other than that zipped through some 14" chunks just fine. Starting was just like my others with the decompression.

Got to play with it for a bit Friday, Bogs when you get on the gas at first, so will need a carb kit, air filter and the drive sprocket is a bit worn. Came with brand new 20" home depot branded bar and a Chain . Do not recognize marking on chain, so maybe hd branded also ( looks similar to Stilh's) Other than that zipped through some 14" chunks just fine. Starting was just like my others with the decompression.
Are you sure it just doesn't need a tune-up? I'm thinking the "low" screw on the carburetor needs some adjusting if it's boggin out of the gate. And once you tweak the "low" screw, the "high" screw is gonna need tweaked too. Simple to do if you know how to, if not, go to a local shop that can do it for you. Cheaper than a carb kit....

Local shops $75.00 minimum, Carb kit way cheaper. I will run a couple tanks with Sea Foam through it first. It is not a real problem. Got a Jonsered that was a lot worse off, just been running the Sea Foam in it and now its pretty good ( 45cc ). This is the sitting around old e/gas in tank and carb problem. Very common. Have a Toro 2 stroke snowblower that is jammed up tight (carb) because of this. $600 blower for a c note dosen,t run C/L. Might pull that one apart a bit later today. Mostly bought it as a cheap parts source for mine. I do not spend a lot time on this kind of stuff as too many other irons in the fire ( like a whole kitchen and bath, fortunately I'm single so do not have to answer to a higher authority)

I think Scotty's got it right, the screwdriver method is even cheaper than a carb kit. If it doesn't respond to carb adjustments then you might have some restrictions in the carb warranting disassembly and cleaning plus a kit.

Reactions: n6crv
Status
Not open for further replies.