Brrrr 57F this fine September afternoon!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Midwest
Hi all - just thought I'd check in...looks like we're going to top out in the high 50's today, so it sure doesn't take much to start thinking about heating season! Got a couple cords of hedge with some nasty elm mixed in and ready for the first fire. Last winter came early, was pretty brutal while it was here, then decided to stay late into the spring, so I'm hoping to go on a few dead wood scrounges to bolster my supply. Plus keeping fingers crossed that this winter won't be as bad...though it looks like the predictions are for a 'catastrophically' cold winter....Grrrr!

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well - nice to see lots of posts from the 'old hats' of the forum and some new faces as well. Hopefully, by the time fall gets here, I'll be able to post up some pics of the remodeled family/stove room - but it's a terrible demolition mess right now!

Well, back to work. I'll check in more often when the leaves start hitting the ground!

cozy heat said:
Hi all - just thought I'd check in...looks like we're going to top out in the high 50's today, so it sure doesn't take much to start thinking about heating season! Got a couple cords of hedge with some nasty elm mixed in and ready for the first fire. Last winter came early, was pretty brutal while it was here, then decided to stay late into the spring, so I'm hoping to go on a few dead wood scrounges to bolster my supply. Plus keeping fingers crossed that this winter won't be as bad...though it looks like the predictions are for a 'catastrophically' cold winter....Grrrr!

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well - nice to see lots of posts from the 'old hats' of the forum and some new faces as well. Hopefully, by the time fall gets here, I'll be able to post up some pics of the remodeled family/stove room - but it's a terrible demolition mess right now!

Well, back to work. I'll check in more often when the leaves start hitting the ground!
its 90 here you can have some of this heat!

Still nice warm Summery 80 degrees here.
I'd like to get part way through Fall before thinking about where the snow shovel is.

We've been flirting with the 40's at night. It was 50 last night. The heat pump has been kicking in at night. High never reached 70 for the past few days. This has been another cold summer. But now that the kids are back in school it's nice and sunny.

WOW, WARM HERE TOO, ITS THE WARMTH BEING PUSHED BY HANNA RIGHT NOW. SUPPOSED TO GET MUCH COOLER AS THE WOOK WINDS ON

Adirondackwoodburner said:
..SUPPOSED TO GET MUCH COOLER AS THE WOOK WINDS ON

Stay well clear of that winding wook, AW, ...don't wanna get tangled up in one o' them! ;-P Rick

Sounds like AW's having a tough wook after the holiday. (Chubacca groan).

80* here about 10 min ago...thankfully it's a dry 80*.

95 swampy degrees here today. If I lit a fire tonight and turned the AC off it would still be warmer outside by morning. Let me see if the wife will let me.

2.5 inches of rain overnight and through out the day and supposed to rain all night lit a fire about 4 pm it was 54 outside and chilly inside!

We had 92 yesterday, but then a cold front came through. High of 60 tomorrow, along with a few days of rain predicted.
I'm not ready to light a fire yet. Cooler weather feels good.

I am a bit higher in altitude than BG and farther inland so we've been in the mid to low 40s at night and right about 70 for a high. I had a nice hard fire last night to keep the house comfortable as "demanded" by the wife.

Been lots of leaves hitting the ground already here. I'm sitting here watching the radar and seeing all the rain going west of us. We need it bad but it seems to bypass us. 1 1/2" fell just south of us yesterday while we got 4 or 5 drops total.

Status
Not open for further replies.