Brrrrrr, Hope You're Prepped ....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Snow doesn't melt in these parts,.....till March. Mild for us is seeing above freezing for daytime highs,
I can relate, kind of...spent my first thirty years in WI. :oops:

We are having a heckuva winter here. I do snow removal contracting in the winter and December was my busiest in over eight years.

Reactions: Woody Stover
The temp is 0 now falling to -12 by morning. I finally [emoji482] have a good stack of wood. I used the holiday weekend to my advantage and got "ahead" atleast 2 weeks. Supposed to be in the negatives till Sunday then it's supposed to warm back up ! To the teens anyways.

I used the holiday weekend to my advantage and got "ahead" atleast 2 weeks. Supposed to be in the negatives till Sunday then it's supposed to warm back up ! To the teens anyways.
Well, two weeks ahead is a start. I hope it was dry wood you were cutting 'cause it ain't gonna dry much in two weeks when it's hovering in single digits! :oops:

Haha yes. Scrounged from my neighbor. He used to burn and has a good stack of big rounds I have been processing. The guy has kept me warm pretty much all winter so far. And probly will for the rest of the season

I took this photo on Jan 2 on Long Island (in my back yard).

National Weather Service says we ARE supposed to get a couple days of winter later this week before it warms up again.

Attachments

• Image-272917246.jpg
    Image-272917246.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 136
I took this photo on Jan 2 on Long Island (in my back yard).

National Weather Service says we ARE supposed to get a couple days of winter later this week before it warms up again.
Still growing flowers there I see?

Haha yes. Scrounged from my neighbor. He used to burn and has a good stack of big rounds I have been processing. The guy has kept me warm pretty much all winter so far. And probly will for the rest of the season
I see a case or two of free beer in this guy's future. And I'm talkin' the good stuff, not no Schmidt or Grain Belt. ;)

Reactions: Lloyd the redneck
Our oil-fired boiler is making our hot water for showers, so between that and random calls for heat from six zones... I can't track exactly why it's running. But run, it does!

I can say the duration and frequency of boiler runs is much reduced with the Blaze Kings, vs. our old stoves.
Your possesions seem to say you have 5 woodstoves and fireplaces and your furnace still runs.I'm confused why is the furnace still running with all the fire power you have ?

Your possesions seem to say you have 5 woodstoves and fireplaces and your furnace still runs.I'm confused why is the furnace still running with all the fire power you have ?
Nah, he's just running the two Ashfords, not enough firepower for his huge heat sink of a home. _g

I see a case or two of free beer in this guy's future. And I'm talkin' the good stuff, not no Schmidt or Grain Belt. ;)

The guy dosent drink, except for at wefest. And there he feeds me till I'm full, had to take the golf cart taxi back to my camper. We just trade things and stuff back and forth One thing I have learned so far is that you have to have good neighbors , and I have the best. We are all a mile apart but 30 from a town, my other neighbor used to burn wood too and between the 2 of them I have had a good bit of experience to set me on the right track