Brushing required

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that means that you also need to remove the brush and associated sticks etc. when you take the firewood.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
A craiglist add or someone giving you a tree to cut up and haul away knowing its for firewood might use that term to leave the area clear of leaves and branches. How rude!:)

Brush your teeth so the homeowner doesn't have to talk to someone with stinky breath? ;lol

Just kidding, most likely the above answers

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
It means you have to ask more questions. I bet the answers above are right, but that still doesn't tell you what the guy who posted on Craigslist.had in mind. Maybe it means take the brush away with you. Maybe it means pile the brush to the side. The first one is a lot more work than the second.

It should be noted that many post things on CL that are intended to take something from you. ie. free work for some firewood when they would normally need to pay to have the wood removed and pay to have the yard cleaned-up, gutters cleaned dishes washed and watch my kids while you are here doing that yard work for the "free" wood.

Maybe it means to clear the brush away from the base of a tree before you fell it. So you dont trip over raspberry vines while you are trying to escape the crash scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.