BTU's Baby BTU's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lcgillis

Sep 3, 2008
New England
I'm confused

How do two stoves with similar sized fireboxes one is 2.3 and the other is 2.1 end up with such completely different btu ratings? The Jotul btu ratings along with the PE T6 and summit classic state really high btu outputs. I don't get it.

fire time said:
I'm confused

How do two stoves with similar sized fireboxes one is 2.3 and the other is 2.1 end up with such completely different btu ratings? The Jotul btu ratings along with the PE T6 and summit classic state really high btu outputs. I don't get it.
Intake and exuast and how much heat it can handle before melt down

It all depends on how it was tested. What kind of fuel wood, moisture content, EPA test or independent cordwood test. In order to achieve those high numbers you would have to feed wood into the stove constantly and keep the air wide open! :bug:

Status
Not open for further replies.