Buck 27000 doors not fitting correctly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ARP

Oct 5, 2015
Indiana
Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the Buck 27000 doors? Ours do not fit tight and the part that's supposed to overlap in the middle barely does (1/4" or less). We have a smaller buck insert downstairs that is very tight, so we know this one isn't right somehow. We have ordered a new gasket, but we don't think it's going to totally solve our problem. Now we're wondering if these doors (which was here when we bought the house, so we don't know its history) could be for a smaller stove--but they're definitely bigger than our other one. Can they just get out of adjustment somehow?

Thanks for your input!

My Old Buck 27000 had a flat piece on one door that had flat gasket material on it, it probably only over lapped about 1/4" the 2nd doors edge made a line right down the middle of the flat gasket. I don't think the wrong doors (26000-28000) would fit. there is a tread on here that explains which is which....

Thanks!!! The flat part of our door hasn't ever had a gasket, so it never occurred to me that it was missing. I bet that is what's making it loose.

My Old Buck 27000 had a flat piece on one door that had flat gasket material on it, it probably only over lapped about 1/4" the 2nd doors edge made a line right down the middle of the flat gasket. I don't think the wrong doors (26000-28000) would fit. there is a tread on here that explains which is which....

Reactions: Fastdonzi
Status
Not open for further replies.