Buck 27000: What fan and controller to buy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tpcolson

Nov 2, 2016
tennessee
I have a Buck 27000 with a single-pole (on-off) switch, what appears to be 3 thermostats (?) and a fan of unknown model. The fan stopped working last season, I suspect from me pushing the stove to really hot more often than not. Upon disassembly, all the wires (non-colored) are all frayed, broke in a few spots. I want to replace everything from the switch, thermo, and fan motor with new/replacement, as I don't want to "repair" electrical components (I'm trying to be a little more fire safe by not doing flaky repairs on electric). Problem is, there appears to be more than a few options on this model Buck for a fan/wire harness replacement. All I want is a fan that turns on/off. Not real interested in extra options like variable speed or temperature-controlled on or off. What parts do I need to buy? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0504.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0502.JPG
    IMG_0502.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 92
Give em a call. 828-765-6144

Status