Buck 81 firebox blanket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nightowl

Sep 25, 2014
NW> Ohio
The firebox blanket at the top of my stove needs replaced. The parts list has both a bottom and top blanket listed. I can only find one. I called buck and they said they no longer sell the blankets, but have baffles that replace them. She said I need 2 at $35 a piece.
Anyone know where I could get the blankets or something that would work in its place?
Thanks for any help.

You can buy the Kaowool blankets on ebay, usually the blanket sits on top of the baffle so I am a bit confused.
That's the only blanket I have is on top of the plate above the tubes. she said you remove the plate and the new baffles go there. I didn't ask too many questions after I heard the price. I'll check eBay.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.