Buck 94 NC? Anyone have one?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
While I'm farting around waiting to hear from BK, I was checking out the Buck stoves. That 94 looks pretty cool. I wonder how the 91/ 94 would stack up against each other, and against the BKK, burntimes not being a factor. Pricy though, was quoted $3200 for a floor model 91- just had to ask. ;-)

They look nice, spose I can trade a summit for one. :roll:

That thought crossed my mind today. I'm not ready to write off the BKK just yet, but....

I have not talked to anyone with the 94 but I really like my 91.
I am consistently getting 12 to 14 hr burns with 2 0r 3 inches of coals left.
With the onset of cold weather,an occasional 10 or 12 degree morning, I have been stuffing that sucker full. I can get 8 to 10 good splits in it.
The only thing I would like better is if it had a taller fire box....about 12 inches is all it is but it is wide and deep.
I have a guy locally that is running the 91 for $1799.00. This is with all black door and legs. Sounds like you could have it shipped and still save a ton.

$3200 sounds like MSRP with gold trim. I saw a 91 on CL here for $1200. A guy on here just scored one in NE for $600. . .with a spare cat! I'm JAFO, no experience with either model. Not that specs mean that much, but I find it interesting that Buck rates the 91 for 50K BTU/hr, but only 42K for the 94nc. I had the impression that non-cats typically have higher output. . .

That 94 is a huge stove but I bet it doesn't burn as long as their big cat stove. For a big non cat to burn clean they will have to let in a lot of air and it will reduce the burn times. It will still put out big time heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.