Buck catalytic input

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pagey said:
Highbeam said:
The beauty of a big cat stove is that they can be turned down low for a long burn. Bigger doesn't mean hotter, it means longer in cat speak.

That's a good point, Highbeam. I wonder if anyone can riddle me this: how much longer, in theory, would a 2.6 cubic foot cat burn vs. a 2.6 cubic foot non-cat? Holding all other variables equal (chimney, wood, weather, draft, etc.) that is. Thoughts?

If the catalyst is fresh and the stove is working properly I'd guess you could double burn times.

BeGreen said:
BrotherBart said:
Pagey said:
Don't some of the PE models use a similar method to regulate the secondary combustion air?

The advertising leads you to believe that. BeGreen will be along shortly to elaborate.

Nope, not touching that one. My EBT is disabled. It is not the same at all.

Interesting. It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.