Buck Stove 28000 insert thermostat question...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kramerica

Aug 14, 2010
Southwestern PA
I recently purchased a replacement thermostat for my 1970's Buck Stove 28000. They moved the thermo location from the back by the blower to the side where there are no mounting holes. I know geographically where to mount it, but how should it be attached? Has anyone run into this problem and has a fix that worked? I really don't want to drill into the firebox to screw this thing to it... Thanks for your help!

greetings. I'm not familiar with the stove or thermostat so forgive me if this is a dumb question. Are we talking about a snap disk here? Is there a reason why it can't be mounted on the back by the blower where the old thermostat (snap disk) was located?

No I don't think it is a snap disk. It is a 3 speed thermo that consists of three sensors (low med and high) that kick the blower fan up to a faster/slower speed, mounted to about a 4 inch steel plate all connected up to the wiring harness to the blower and manual switch. It is a different design than the old one and will not mount where and as the old thermostat was. I will try to contact the store tomorrow to see what they suggest for mounting it, but I though maybe somebody here had some experience or a better idea.... and so I can finish up and shove this thing back into the fireplace before wife gets home in the am... Thanks...

OK, the cobwebs are clearing now. We had some posts on this a while back, but they were for the newer model. It uses a 3 snap disk bar to control a 3 speed motor. What I don't know is how your insert is wired. Does your model also have a three speed motor?

Note, for parts and service, these folks can be helpful: http://www.servicesales.com/stove_parts/buck_parts.html

It has a three speed fan. It is wired and ready to roll I only need to know how to attach this new design to my retro woodburner. The link you gave me is the folks I bought the thermo from. I will see if they have any ideas in the am. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.