Buck Stove fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carolb4

Feb 15, 2009
I am trying to find diagrams and/or instructions for disassembling the Buck Stove insert in order to reach the fan motor. I do not know how to begin removing the trim,etc. Please advise. Model 51ZC

This should get ya there.

http://www.buckstove.com/buckfiles/manuals/ZC-Cabinet-Model-51ZC-(Rev-10-2007).pdf

The fan is mounted in the bottom front of the stove. Remove the two screws that hold the front access panel on, then remove the fan bracket/motor. I believe there are two screws holding the fan bracket/motor.

Thank you for your reply. I did not find any screws on the front but the bottom front did just pull out, sort of like a tray. The motor and all wiring were exposed.
The noise that it is making seems to be coming from the fan itself. (the part that turns) What is the best way to rule out the cause?
Do I just start replacing parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.