bucket-o-water

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loon

Minister of Fire
Apr 9, 2010
ont canada
what do people put in the water if used on the stove?

we have tried a few different things, lemon/cedar/cinnamon but it never really sticks around?

loon

DSC09031.jpg

liquid potpourie. You can get it at those high end shops like Target,Walmart,Kmart and the like.

shawneyboy said:
liquid potpourie. You can get it at those high end shops like Target,Walmart,Kmart and the like.

But just add a teaspoon or so to a full steamer otherwise it's overwhelming.

Shari

thanks eh :)

my wife had a bowl full of the hard stuff a few years back and i threw that in, but it didnt work :cheese:

terry

We just keep adding more water.

Liquid potpourri from Walmart or similar store . . . or just plain water.

That's a nice big pot you've got! How much does it hold and where'd you get it?

My wife has a little business making soap and candles, which seems to leave us w/ lots
of little bottles of different scents and essential oils. I'm a fan of patchouli and also a
sage/cedar mix.

50/50 water and urine will prevent scaling and doesn't actually smell if you use it in cast iron. As long as it's hot, no nasties will grow in there either.

Added benefit- the solution is great for cleaning woodstove glass.

WATER - anything else smells like you are covering something up...

What about the splash factor? How do you figure the 50/50 mix?
Will

We use water and might add cinnamon sticks or orange peels every once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.