Buffalo Pellet Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Your Info---This post should be in the pellet crib which is reserved for pellet stoves & not in the hearth room,which is reserved for wood stoves, but every on makes at least 1 mastake & sometimes more.
that being said:

$2400.oo is $800.oo more than I paid for my 46,000 btu pel pro pelletstove but mine is not so
purdy looking & didn't come with a wall thermostat that turns the stove off & on because the
mfg told me that thermostatic opperation results in a one year life span of the electric igniter
vs a 5 year life span of the auto ignitor on manual opperation & at $90.oo+ ship + install +tax
for a replacement ignitor, that turns into a bill not to be sneezed at, real quick and on a yearly basis yet, to boot. And the thermostat for my stove goes for a nasty 195.oo +ship + handling+tax + install + more tax. So I said "NO" to the thermostat.

I would ask the sales rep about that ,if I were concerned about that kind of yearly cost.

Don't forget that all pelletstoves require a yearly clean out of the conbustion motor fan housing too, which means a new gasket every year. That is way cheaper than a new conbustion fan motor every other year, so do the yearly clean out & gasket thing.

Dont wait until the combustion impeller starts hitting built up carbon deposits in the combustion motor blower housing.

Other than all of the above, you did good. Any pellet stove beats oil,gas or electric heat for helping to keep dead presidents in your wallet, that is,if pellet prices don't continue to rise insainely, which they will do.

$6.oo a bag & headed for $7.oo or $8.oo Maybe that is why I bought a secondary burn wood
stove for primary heat (I get my wood for free, except for the price of gasoline,ouch!)

P.S.----- let me know if wal mart,home depot or lowes ever get any wood pellets in stock ,ever again, this year or next. If you can even find any wood pellets for sale, grab them quick.

That was an informative response to his question............. ;)

This pellet stove does have the option to run on manual, so you do not have to use the digital thermostat, just a conveince. The igniter was a concern that I did ask the manufacturer about prior to purchase. The price is actually 25.00. You will receive approximately 2000 ignitions, and since the manufacture of the stove is located less than 30 minutes from my home, the shipping cost would be minimal, if I chose not to pick it up. I am not familiar with the life expectancy of the combustion motor blower, but I do have several friends that have had pellet stoves for 6 years + with no issues. They have completed general cleaning, but did not pull out the combustion motor for cleaning and has had no issues. The pellet price, which I purchase from the manufacturer is 213.00 a ton. They sell only to their customers. The highest price that I have seen is at the Harman dealer, who had pellets priced at 275.00 a ton. Lowes has pellets at 5.00 per bag.

Previously I did use a wood burner, which I really liked for the most part. The downfall with my wood burner, was purchasing and repairing chainsaws, buying and purchasing new chain saw blades. Splitting and storing the wood, borrowing my friends wood splitter and of course paying for any repairs if the machine broke on my watch. Of course I was always concerned with hot embers landing on my floor, and not only causing a fire, but damaging my floor. The overall cleanliness factor....dirty and inconvenient. Cleaning my chimney once a year and the flue pipes once a month was a serious pain! My next concern was the rising price of wood, which has doubled.

I am no expert, just a person who is concerned with saving some money on my heat bill!

Thanks for the info and I appologize for posting my original post in the incorrect section.
--
Lon

Lon said:
This pellet stove does have the option to run on manual, so you do not have to use the digital thermostat, just a conveince. The igniter was a concern that I did ask the manufacturer about prior to purchase. The price is actually 25.00. You will receive approximately 2000 ignitions, and since the manufacture of the stove is located less than 30 minutes from my home, the shipping cost would be minimal, if I chose not to pick it up. I am not familiar with the life expectancy of the combustion motor blower, but I do have several friends that have had pellet stoves for 6 years + with no issues. They have completed general cleaning, but did not pull out the combustion motor for cleaning and has had no issues. The pellet price, which I purchase from the manufacturer is 213.00 a ton. They sell only to their customers. The highest price that I have seen is at the Harman dealer, who had pellets priced at 275.00 a ton. Lowes has pellets at 5.00 per bag.

Previously I did use a wood burner, which I really liked for the most part. The downfall with my wood burner, was purchasing and repairing chainsaws, buying and purchasing new chain saw blades. Splitting and storing the wood, borrowing my friends wood splitter and of course paying for any repairs if the machine broke on my watch. Of course I was always concerned with hot embers landing on my floor, and not only causing a fire, but damaging my floor. The overall cleanliness factor....dirty and inconvenient. Cleaning my chimney once a year and the flue pipes once a month was a serious pain! My next concern was the rising price of wood, which has doubled.

I am no expert, just a person who is concerned with saving some money on my heat bill!

Thanks for the info and I appologize for posting my original post in the incorrect section.
--
Lon

Nice comeback brother western new yorker, well done. Sometimes them guys over in the "other forum" think there poop don't stink. You will do just fine here and buffalo stove is a good one. I am also near them.

Status
Not open for further replies.