build a new fireplace with a Blaze King Princess insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yukolix

Nov 21, 2009
Yukon
Hello all,
I wonder if anyone has installed or build a new fireplace with a Blaze King Princess insert. I wanted to install a Blaze King Princess insert into my prefab zero tolerance metal fireplace but it won't fit. I'm contemplating of building a new fireplace with a Blaze King Princess insert. Has anyone done that or knows of some one who's done it?
Thanks!

Your better off to just rip out the fireplace and have a free standing stove than rebuilding another fireplace.

Amen. Put it on a nice hearth and savor the extra warmth.

Thanks. We ripped out the old fireplace and ar putting in a nice blaze king. I hope to have it done by the new year.

Similar sitch here... I'm closing on a new to me house in a week or so. One of the sellers big selling points was that the place has a fireplace. It's a 30 year old Heatilator (spelling??) in it. Plan is to yank out the fireplace and chimney, and put in a stove on a nice hearth. I might even go with a soap stove, because some of them look sooo darn nice, and they get good reviews about how they heat :eek:)

bbc557ci said:
I might even go with a soap stove, because some of them look sooo darn nice, and they get good reviews about how they heat :eek:)
I know Redd thinks highly of them... :)

Todd said:
Your better off to just rip out the fireplace and have a free standing stove than rebuilding another fireplace.

+1

im gonna do the same thing maybe next year. rip out the old PREFAB and put a stove in front of the old stone work, get more matching stone and put that where the fireplace opening was.

Similar sitch here… I’m closing on a new to me house in a week or so. One of the sellers big selling points was that the place has a fireplace. It’s a 30 year old Heatilator (spelling??) in it. Plan is to yank out the fireplace and chimney, and put in a stove on a nice hearth. I might even go with a soap stove, because some of them look sooo darn nice, and they get good reviews about how they heat :eek:)

Mine was a heatilator. It's bad and dangerous. I'm glad it's out. I got it out, the new chimney in, the drywall up and the baze king in the house. Still need to finish the drywall and the tile floor before the blaze king can go in. I was looking at the soap stone stoves and was interested in the Woodstock Fireview cat, nice stove for a living room, but it doesn't have Canadian certification so I'm back to the blaze king.

Yukolix said:
Mine was a heatilator. It's bad and dangerous. I'm glad it's out. I got it out, the new chimney in, the drywall up and the baze king in the house. Still need to finish the drywall and the tile floor before the blaze king can go in. I was looking at the soap stone stoves and was interested in the Woodstock Fireview cat, nice stove for a living room, but it doesn't have Canadian certification so I'm back to the blaze king.

I take allot of statements, opinions, whatever, with a grain of salt. Not necessarily because I don't believe what I'm told. But because I wanna get all the facts before hand. That said, I have yet to hear/read good things about the Heatilator type units on this forum. And I believe there is too much knowledge on this site, not to consider and or believe, the opinions of so many here. So, the Heatilator in my new digs will be torn out.

I have a PE Alderlea T6 in the house I'm living in now. And I like both the performance and looks of the stove. It keeps the place nice and toasty. Sometimes too toasty :eek:) I'll be tearing out and replacing the heater in the new place this coming summer. So as I did when I was shopping for the Alderlea, I'll be back here asking a bunch'o questions next summer before getting the new stove ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.