1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Building a wood shed

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by certified106, Aug 21, 2011.

1. certified106

certified106 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Athens, Ohio
    Figured I would update the progress a little bit as I really had not acomplished much else on the shed untill this weekend due to my work schedule.
    This weekend I had 30 tons of limestone dust hauled to the house for use in backfilling the shed and backfilling the house. I got the pressure treated lumber installed on the low side of the shed and got everything backfilled and the rest of the floor spread. I also started getting up the pressure treated boards on the side of the shed and got a little over a cord of wood in the shed and stacked so I could get it off of the trailer.
    I know the last picture isn't of the shed but this is what actually took the majority of my time on Saturday. When we bought this house they had never backfilled around the house before putting the deck all the way across the back of the house so the ground sloped towards the house. Just to give you an idea how much backfill it took I used probably close to 20 tons just under the deck alone and the spot from where I took the picture I had to bring the ground up almost 3.5 feet to get the grade I wanted. the worst part was I had to shovel the stuf under the deck but I couldn't get it all the way to the back so I had to then go under the deck and shovel it the rest of the way and it sucked! It took me the better part of saturday to get it done.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Very nice job on that shelter Jesse!!

Ray
  3. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

certified106, your woodshed looks nice, good work.

zap
  4. golfandwoodnut

golfandwoodnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pittsburgh PA
    great job, it is nice have some equipment to help spread the gravel. I spread about 60 yards myself with my pole barn and I use the bucket to lift the splits to my covered deck that I am using as my woodshed in the winter.
  5. blueflame75

blueflame75 New Member

Loc:
    Upstate NY
    Gunna be a nice shed.

I am in the same boat as certified106...tired of tarping my wood for the last 2yrs. I have a 8'W x 20'L x 6'H shed in progress, I will post some pics soon.
  6. mecreature

mecreature Minister of Fire

Loc:
    indiana
    that is a wood shed and them some. very nice.
  7. certified106

certified106 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Athens, Ohio
    Thanks guys for all the positive comments. It's still a work in progress and I really need to get the gutters on as well as getting the rest of the wood in there but it isn't gonna happen this weekend since I am taking my wife camping to enjoy the fall foliage.