1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Building hearth extension for insert

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Dunadan, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunadan

Dunadan New Member

Loc:
    Holland Patent, NY
    All done.

It's not trimmed yet, but that's because we're planning on laying carpet in this room soon.

Now instead of looking like I just stuck an insert into my fireplace (which is what I did), it looks like the hearth was designed for the insert (which it now was) :cheese:

Before and after....

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Harley

Harley Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ashfield, MA
    Very nice - Clean and simple looks
  3. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    Looks good.

I'm actually working on my own hearth extension right now - I got the Durock down a couple weeks ago, but just got my cheapo HF tile saw this weekend, so I've been figuring out how to use the saw and then cut and dry lay my random size slate flooring - I've got about 3/4s of the 12' long by 18" wide strip layed out. Tomorrow I get to finish doing the dry layout and write it all down - maybe even start doing the wet lay, but that will depend on the timing - I have to worry about being ready for Town Meeting tomorrow night.

However I will definitely have the slate down by this weekend, not sure about the grout.

Gooserider
  4. titan

titan Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Well done Dunadan.....it looks good,and much safer.Nice tile job.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.