Building hearth extension for insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All done.

It's not trimmed yet, but that's because we're planning on laying carpet in this room soon.

Now instead of looking like I just stuck an insert into my fireplace (which is what I did), it looks like the hearth was designed for the insert (which it now was) :cheese:

Before and after....

Attachments

• Start.JPG
    Start.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 486
  • Final1.JPG
    Final1.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 571
  • Final2.JPG
    Final2.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 501
Looks good.

I'm actually working on my own hearth extension right now - I got the Durock down a couple weeks ago, but just got my cheapo HF tile saw this weekend, so I've been figuring out how to use the saw and then cut and dry lay my random size slate flooring - I've got about 3/4s of the 12' long by 18" wide strip layed out. Tomorrow I get to finish doing the dry layout and write it all down - maybe even start doing the wet lay, but that will depend on the timing - I have to worry about being ready for Town Meeting tomorrow night.

However I will definitely have the slate down by this weekend, not sure about the grout.

Gooserider

Well done Dunadan.....it looks good,and much safer.Nice tile job.

Status
Not open for further replies.