Building up for next year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy118

Sep 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Local Lowe's had Green Supremes, Cheat River, green Teams, and some brand nobody has heard of,,,Anyways, i used Green Supremes, not impressed, and Cheat Rivers were even worse, so i picked up 2 tons of the Green Teams, which i kinda liked 2 years ago.
I got a "moving kit" from the US Post office which had a 10% coupon fr Lowe's in it, when I went to pay for the pellets, (picked up myself). they rung up at $219/ton, but the sign on them said $209. She made the adjustment, then i gave her the coupy, and had to get a supervisor to overide the price. they really didn't give me a hassle, and I'm out the door @ $188/ton!!
That brings my stash up to about 4.5 tons, which will do me all this year and probably most of next year. But if I see either of my local big boxes get in and "Presto-Logs" I'm gonna get some of them, they were fantastic last year.

John

Reactions: smoke show
Good job ! Up here, Lowes had jacked the price on Greene Team to around 260. IMHO, not worth it when you can get super premiums for 10 bucks more in the area.
From what I've seen here, some are accepting the mover coupon, some are not. Luck of the draw I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.