Q&A Built In Stoves-Are you experienced?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I'm looking to replace an old pre-fab fireplace with a zero-clearance unit of high efficiency. At the same time, I want to retain as much heat as I can from the wood I burn. While this site has been great info, I haven't seen much on products like the BIS by Security Chimneys of Canada or RSF built-in type stoves. If you own this type of unit, or have knowledge of these units, would you please post or email me directly with your experience. Manufacturers names would be helpful. Forgive me for the Hendrix play. Thanks to all.

Answer:

I'm a big Hendrix fan. Check out my wannabe lead guitar at www.medfordnj.com/webcam/

The BIS and similar products are GREAT. I've used them and installed them. You are correct that "Built-in-Stoves" do not get a lot of air time, but they are a good option for many. The best known brand are the top-of-the-line FPX by Travis Industries, but the other units I have seen (RSF,Dovre, BIS, etc,) are also very nice.

I don't think you will go wrong with this type of unit. They should be more popular than they are, but I don't think people know enough about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.