Bulk Dried Blood Meal Fertilizer for the Lawn? Where can I buy it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPaint

Feeling the Heat
Jan 2, 2009
USA
I think only you guys will know where I can buy big bags of dried blood meal instead of the little bags they sell at home depot. I always like to put it down on the lawn for a natural greening earlier in the season when young grasses can be sensitive. I think local stores used to sell the stuff in big bags but home depot doesn't have it anymore. Any ideas where I can buy it locally or order it online?

Thanks guys. As far as I know its good to go as it is sold at every garden store I've been to. The problem is that it is majorly overpriced at garden stores. Its a wonderful nitrogen supplement and it naturally adds it to the lawn but you can't buy 3.5lbs bags and expect to have any sort of savings. Thanks for the links to the 50lbs bag!

Check to see if your local bulk feed mills carry Corn Gluten Meal. I use it as a pre-emergence application for weeds but the bonus is that it breaks down as a natural nitrogen fertilizer. Works well for both types of application!

Status
Not open for further replies.