bulk pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in WI my dealer sells bulk but you only save about $15.00/ton... not worth the trouble for me where I live.

If I had a place for a large bulk bin and a way to get the pellets to my stoves it would be OK.

Good luck.

I have the same dealer as krooser.

I do get my pellets in bulk. I bring my gravity box down and have them fill it up. Holds about 6 ton. Saves me from having to make 5 extra trips if it were in bags and also saves on cost per ton.

I have room in my garage to park the gravity box in. I use 5 gallon pails to haul the pellets down into the basement to the boiler.

I'm down in Nova Scotia and would buy in bulk if that option was available and made economic sense as I have the means to haul and store bulk pellets. However, the folks that make Eastern Embers - the closest plant - will not sell in bulk.

Who is offering to sell in bulk to you in PEI?

Former Farmer said:
I have the same dealer as krooser.

I do get my pellets in bulk. I bring my gravity box down and have them fill it up. Holds about 6 ton. Saves me from having to make 5 extra trips if it were in bags and also saves on cost per ton.

I have room in my garage to park the gravity box in. I use 5 gallon pails to haul the pellets down into the basement to the boiler.

I'd like to see your setup if you can share them with us?

I don't have bulk available, But things might change in the future. I can get bulk corn from a local farmer. So that's always an option!

Status
Not open for further replies.