Bullard Eagle Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyCuse

Dec 3, 2015
Syracuse, NY
Hello all!

This is my first posting here so I apologize if I am in the wrong section. My parents have had a Bullard stove in the garage for several years. I believe my father purchased this one as well as an insert from the factory went they went out of business. I have a friend that is interested in buying it for his new house and was wondering if someone could give me an idea of what I should ask for it. It has never been used and really just needs a good cleaning since it has been in the garage for so long. Any information you could give me would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2563.JPG
    IMG_2563.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,732
  • IMG_2564.JPG
    IMG_2564.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_2565.JPG
    IMG_2565.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_2566.JPG
    IMG_2566.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_2567.JPG
    IMG_2567.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 430
In general older steel stoves in good condition can fetch up to $250-300 in peak heating season. They can go much lower off season, especially in a saturated market.

In general older steel stoves in good condition can fetch up to $250-300 in peak heating season. They can go much lower off season, especially in a saturated market.

What is the measurements of the stove? What is the flue size, 6" or 8"? Where in Syracuse do you live?

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. It's not easy navigating my parents garage but I was able to crawl back there and take some measurements. The stove is approximately 27"w x 28"d x 30"h with an 8" flue. Its actually a "hawk" model, not an "eagle". They also have an unused Bullard insert. There was a list of various options for that one with quotes ranging from $1100-$1400. They are located on the east side of Syracuse by Dewitt.

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. It's not easy navigating my parents garage but I was able to crawl back there and take some measurements. The stove is approximately 27"w x 28"d x 30"h with an 8" flue. Its actually a "hawk" model, not an "eagle". They also have an unused Bullard insert. There was a list of various options for that one with quotes ranging from $1100-$1400. They are located on the east side of Syracuse by Dewitt.
To bad for me it is to big for my fireplace. Too tall unless I have my friend cut off the legs to fit. Do you have pictures of the Bullard insert?
I forgot to ask, some of the models have a baffle installed. Does this one have a baffle?

Last edited:
I will try and get over there this week to measure the insert. The freestanding one I believe does have a baffle. When I look down the flue all I see is a steel plate (baffle?) about 3 or 4 inches down. My buddy was interested in the free standing one, I was just trying to get an idea on how much to ask for it but I will get you the info on the insert.

Status
Not open for further replies.