Bullard stove, rectangular damper to round liner???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spoon059

Oct 24, 2008
DC Metro
Hello everyone. I am new to woodburning, though I grew up with my father having a nice Fisher insert. My wife and I bought a house with a masonry fireplace. We found a beautiful used Bullard woodburning insert for sale locally and bought it. The rear of the stove has a 25 inch wide by 4.5 tall damper that comes out of the back of the stove. I had the chimney inspected today and they said it was in great condition, not very much creosote and the terra cotta liners appear to be in good shape. I would like to put a stainless liner in, but need a boot to fit the odd rectangular opening. Does anyone have any experience with these stoves, I cannot seem to find ANY information on them.

My chimney guy qouted me $1100 for 15 feet of 7" stainless liner and installation. He then estimates $100-300 for a boot. He also told me that I would need a tee connector on the back of the boot and an access panel created in the rear of the chimney for cleanout. All told, he is estimating over $2000 for a liner. Does that sound reasonable for a ranch house liner installation? I know that I can find 48" sections of stainless liner for around $100 each, or 15 feet for about $400. Then I would need a boot as well.

Thanks for any and all help!

Status
Not open for further replies.